Friday, October 11, 2013

My First Five for Friday Linky!



I love reading other people's Five For Friday posts. A lot of times they involved something funny happening and I love funny classroom stories! So today, I am finally linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five For Friday Linky Party!
 
We have been learning about apples all week. We made torn paper apples and I am in love with them! I love how different they all look. They also had to cut the sentence apart, put it back together and read it to me while pointing to each word. Great concept of word activity!
 

We also talked a lot about Johnny Appleseed this week. During inside recess (because it has been raining here 2 days straight!) one of my students decided to draw a picture of Johhny Appleseed on the chalkboard! Don't you just love when students really get into what you are teaching??? I love that feeling!
Another thing about that rain...I think it's messing with my kids'ears! They stopped working completely today! Don't ya just love saying the same thing 2, 3, 4, 5 times?! Yeah...me too...
I found this poem and thought it was hilarous! Pretty much describes how I felt today...
 
 But it's at that exact moment when I think I'm going crazy when one of my students comes up to me and gives me a big hug and says "I love you Mrs. Cogdell!" And then they all start giving me hugs and telling me they love me and even though they are still not really doing what they are supposed to do, it's so darn sweet I can't help but hug them all back. It doesn't get better than that :)
My last thing doesn't have anything to do with teaching...My mom came in town to visit me from Tennessee! I am so excited to spend the weekend with my family!
 


13 comments:

  1. I love those apples. The shape of them is just great and makes them all look so different.Thanks for sharing.

    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Em! They are one of my favorite things we make all year.

      Delete
  2. Glad you joined the link. I haven't yet but love reading about others weeks. By the way you and your mum are gorgeous. A beautiful photo indeed!
    Julie
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your post on Five for Friday. Following, Jayne
    Smart Kids
    ABCs of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through the linky. It is very cute. I am your newest follower. I see that your fairly new to blogging, just like me. I would love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read more post.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo with your Mum and you is gorgeous! Enjoy your weekend with them!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tess,

    I popped over to visit you from the linky and am your newest follower. I love the poem that you shared - so funny but also very accurate!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laruen! I know...I laughed out loud when I saw it. Totally true!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennifer! I love your blog :)

      Delete
  8. I love your torn apple art! Super cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog- in return I'm your newest follower! I love getting more kinder ideas :-)

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete