Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Classroom Tour

I finally took pictures of my classroom this year. I made a lot of changes from last year and I wanted to wait until I had everything the way I wanted it before posting pictures. I absolutely love my classroom this year. It is so important to make your classroom a place you love to be...especially since we spend SO much of our time there! I have a frog themed classroom, but I also incorporated a color scheme. Green of course, as well as yellow, pink, purple, and turquoise.

Here we go! The first few pictures are whole classroom views from different angles.

This is the view from the door into my classroom. I love how my fabulous pink and green curtains paired with my word wall and Dr. Seuss quote are the first things you see when you walk into my room.


This is the same side of the room, it just wouldn't all fit in the first picture.


This is the view of the other side of my classroom.


Again, same side, just wouldn't all fit in the picture.

Now for some close ups!

I did all of my bulletin boards with the same color paper and same border to be consistent and create unity. I love the way they turned out!
 


I also used the same border on this wall to create a place to hang our "TOAD-ally Terrific Work"! I simply hot glued the border to the wall and then hot glued frogs with each student's name on it to the clothespins and then hot glued those to the border! A lot of hot glue but it is holding up so far!


Next, I love to decorate some of the empty space on my walls with quotes from my favorite children's books. This quote is right next to my classroom library which is perfect!


And this is my all-time favorite quote from my all-time favorite children's book, "Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon". I drew that Molly Lou Melon myself :)




This is my classroom library which I spent a lot of time re-organizing this year. I do not put all of my books out at once because I just don't have room so I switch them out depending on season/theme. 
 

This is my desk which I love and I actually do spend a lot of time working here so I have to keep it clutter free!

Next are a few random photos from around the room of some little details in my room that I love and that help make it what it is :)

My teacher toolbox which I posted about earlier this summer and I LOVE it! I don't know how I lived without it.

One of my many little frog friends I have sitting around the room and my craft book on display! 
 
My "No Name" clips which I must say have papers hanging from it way too often!

That is the end of my classroom tour! I hope you enjoyed looking at it and maybe even got some ideas you can use in your classroom!

1 comment: